From Humble Begginings
Orange City Bowling Club commenced its humble beginnings back in 1899.
Orange City Bowling Club commenced its humble beginnings back in 1899, originally on land that was granted by the Council at the northern end of Robertson Park.
After an initial move to Anson street, into in 1903, the first pavilion or clubhouse was built, to help house the growing membership and the club soon played host to several instar-state teams, building on the game’s popularity, good natured competitiveness and increased skills of its players.
Post War Era
At the end of WWI, owing to the continued popularity of the sport and club in the community.
At the end of WWI, owing to the continued popularity of the sport and club in the community, larger premises were sought, and the old Bank of NSW (built in 1862) was to become the new clubhouse premises from 1922 until 1935.
At the end of WWII, expansion was once again sought and the current Warrendine site was obtained via a leasing agreement with Orange Municipal Council.
From as early as the 1950’s and 60’s, The Orange City Bowling Club began to provide additional entertainment for the community, by way of movie nights, cards and poker and pinball machines, cementing its attraction to the young and old even in these early years.
1960's To Present Day
In 1968, the new and basis of the existing club house was opened at National Park
In 1968, the new and basis of the existing club house was opened at National Park and as the result of very successful trading and support of the community over the years, the Orange City Bowling Club has received several refurbishments and additions, making it the comfortable and welcoming social hub that it continues to be today.
Get In Touch
Come and enjoy a relaxed roll up with friends, dinner, drinks or a great day or night out and make The Orange City Bowling Club one of your favourite, local venues.